Wednesday, September 10, 2014

How has Fashion Design and Creativity Changed You?




On my journey of the fashion industry and the outlook on fashion from my stand point has been one that has changed over and over. Although I came into the fashion world with one vision on how I would see fashion, but the more that I have been able to be around other people that have the same passion for fashion that me share. “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect.” -Mark Twain Once I was able to see that I could play with fashion the same way that other fashion students were doing, it gave me the insurance that I am able to get away with a ton of fashion trends and ideas that I would not wear during the daytime but maybe at night. I was able to realize that I am able to use my own creativity to enhance the great attributes in which I had going on in my life and how the way I handle pain and sufferings that I had endured and turned those things into fashion.  “It's a new era in fashion - there are no rules. It's all about the individual and personal style, wearing high-end, low-end, classic labels, and up-and-coming designers all together.” Alexander McQueen

One of the hardest things that I had to realize when it came to being in the fashion industry with others was being with younger people and being able to keep up with the younger trends that the younger generation has. Also the different stand points that they share and express in a freely manner. I catch myself being able to get ready for class differently when it comes to the way that I look and also the way that I am showing off my brand and representing myself and making sure that I am not giving off a bad representation for my brand. “True sadness is when someone still thinks you’re the same person after all these years. They brand you because of their own ego, fear and lack of spirituality. What's sadder is when they are Christian.” Shannon L. Alder  So the creativity and the fact that I can be more of a free spirit, has given me a more positive look on how I put myself together. Music has been a big helping point to the way that i have allowed fashion to change and develop and mold me to the strong well dressed young man that stands before you today. I tend to listen to more classic artist like: Babyface, Toni Braxton, Chante Moore, and Diana Ross. Things strong artist has been able to give me an outlook that i should change from a young man to a man and dress the part at all times for branding of myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment